Homemade Playdough Recipe
I did it! I finally made some Homemade Playdough! It was super easy. There’s no way I’m buying this stuff every again! It’s so soft!!!
I can’t believe I can whip up multiple colors in no time! We’ve even done a few custom colors depending on what character we are into. We’ve done Finding Nemo colors and Disney’s Frozen movie colors! You can make all kinds of colors with a few drops of food coloring! Wilton food coloring gel is my favorite! The colors are bright and vibrant. They work perfectly with this recipe.
I added a drop of essential oil for the playdough I was using. I wouldn’t do it for the kids batch though… you wouldn’t want them rubbing their eyes with essential oils.
Homemade Playdough Recipe Ingredients and Supplies List
Here’s what you need to make this recipe:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup salt
- Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and pink food coloring
Here are the tools you will need for this project:
Homemade Playdough Recipe Instructions
1. Using a mixing bowl, add your flour, salt, and cream of tartar and mix it well.
2. Now add your oil and water and mix it well.
3. In a small pot, add 1/2 cup of your mixture and your food coloring of choice and mix again.
4. Cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly until it forms a play dough consistently (which happens quickly)
5. Let your dough cool on a plate
6. Repeat steps 3, 4, and 5 until you make all the colors you want! Easy peasy!
How long does Homemade Playdough last?
If you keep it in air tight bags it can last up to 6 months or longer!
Don’t forget to Pin this craft on Pinterest for later!