Easter Dessert Ideas
If you are looking for a few really good Easter dessert ideas I have a few on hand that are always a huge hit!
This post photo is a edible birds nest made with Fiber One cereal, marshmallows, peeps and candied eggs! This recipe is not only fun to make but nearly every kids will go crazy for these cuties!
Edible Peeps Nests Recipe
- 1 bag of marshmallows small ones melt easier
- 1 stick of butter real butter
- 1 box of Fiber One Cereal
- 1 bag of candied eggs I used the malted Robin eggs
- In a large sauce pan melt the butter then add the marshmallows on medium heat.
- Stir constantly so the marshmallows don't burn.
- Once the marshmallows are completely melted add the whole box of Fiber One cereal to the marshmallow mixture.
- Grease your hands with Crisco (you can even use cooking oil or butter if needed because the greasing will help you hands not to stick to the marshmallow when you are forming the nest).
- Allow the mixture to cool just enough for you to be able to handle it. (don't let it cool completely because you still need to form the nests)
- Form a small pancake shape in your hand and press your thumb in the middle of the mixture until it creates a nest.
- Place the mixture on parchment paper to allow it to cool completely to hold its shape.
- Once it's cooled completely you can add your malted robin eggs and peeps!
Here are some of the ingredients I used to make these precious little Easter Egg nests (all of which can be found at your local supermarket):
Be sure to take a peek at our Easter Cupcake “Spring Chicks” tutorial here:
And don’t miss our cute lil Easter Egg Sugar Cookies too:
You might also want to make your Easter extra special and try the Glow In The Dark Easter Eggs and seen here:
Easter Bunny Pretzel recipe too! These are adorable and the kids love em!