Instant Pot Keto Crack Chicken Recipe
- 2 lbs chicken breasts or chicken tenders boneless and skinless
- 12 oz cream cheese block and a half
- 2 1 oz packets of Dry Ranch Seasoning mix or 4 tbs or make your own homemade version - see recipe below
- 8 oz bacon crumbles
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup bone broth or water
- Note: If you are doing strict Keto you will want to note the Dry Ranch Seasoning packets contain maltodextrin. It's an ingredient I try to stay away from myself. You can make the homemade dry ranch seasoning recipe below and skip the buttermilk powder too. The cream cheese and cheddar cheese will create a thick cream sauce that is very tasty without these ingredients. And if you want a thicker cream sauce as the base of this recipe, you can always add a keto approved thickener such as Xantham Gum powder too. Add a very small amount. I would start off with 1/8 of a teaspoon and maybe go up to a 1/4 teaspoon.
Place 1 cup of liquid (bone broth or water) in the bottom of the pressure cooker.
Prep the cream cheese by cutting the blocks into large cubes.
Add the chicken to the pressure cooker.
Add the cream cheese and seasonings on top of the chicken.
Set the pressure cooker to high for 10 minutes for chicken tenders or 12 minutes for full chicken breasts.
Once the time is up,do a quick release.
Carefully remove the chicken and shred it using two forks.
Place the shredded chicken back in the liquid juices that are reserved in the pressure cooker.
Add the cheddar cheese and bacon crumbles to the shredded chicken and mix the ingredients together.
Place the lid back on the pressure cooker (but don't turn it on, it will be hot enough to melt the cheese and warm the bacon) for about 5 minutes. Letting the ingredients sit for a few minutes will allow the sauce to thicken.
Serve warm and enjoy!
Serving: 1scoop | Calories: 440kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.5g | Protein: 41.1g | Fat: 28.4g | Sugar: 2.2g