Fall is officially here, which means it’s time for delicious and warm comfort food like this Easy Potato Soup Recipe! My mother-in-law recently made me this soup and I fell in love with it. I call it the Baked Potato Soup and it is amazing!! I highly recommend making a big pot of this Easy Potato Soup Recipe because you will want to have leftovers.
Easy Potato Soup Recipe
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups peeled and cubed potatoes - I cook these quickly in the microwave let them cool completely and then peel and cube.
- 1/4 cup minced onion - I would saute this in the pan used to cook the bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese at room temperature, cut into chunks
- 6 slices of cooked bacon cut into small pieces
- Combine broth, potatoes, sauteed onion and spices in a large pot
- Boil on medium heat for about 20 minutes - smash just a few of the potatoes to release the starch and thicken the soup
- Reduce to low heat and add cream cheese and bacon
- Stir frequently until cream cheese melts - It melts easier/quicker if you mash the cubes with your spoon
- Let soup simmer for 20 to 25 minutes and serve warm
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy.
We all really enjoyed this Easy Potato Soup Recipe and I can’t wait to make it again! You can easily re-heat any leftovers on the stove and it gets better and better every day. Although this soup needs nothing to go with it, it would go great with a pan of cornbread or a quick dinner salad.
Looking for more easy soup recipes?? Check out these ebooks I found at amazing prices!!
Easy Soup Recipes: Only $2.99 for the kindle edition or you can borrow it for free with Amazon Prime!
Top Ten Simple Soups: Only $1.97 for the kindle edition or borrow it for free with Amazon Prime!
Simple Soup Recipes: Only $0.99for the kindle edition or borrow it for free with Amazon Prime!