How To Make Lip Scrub
Lip scrubs are a great item to have on hand when your lips need some T.L.C. They exfoliate your lips and moisturize them all at once. They can tend to be costly though, in specialty shops, especially if you are trying to buy a natural one, so how about making your own all-natural one & saving yourself the time and money?
This recipe calls for just 4 ingredients, and is super easy to make, with awesome results.
Do be sure you are using pure essential oils when making it since it is going on your lips, you don’t want to make the mistake of buying an oil that has fillers or perfumes in it, or you are using those toxins in a sensitive spot.
The flavor of this combination of tangerine and lime is so yummy, you may be tempted to just eat it with a spoon!
How To Make Lip Scrub Supplies:
- 1 or 2 small lidded containers in glass or stainless
- 3 tbsp. white sugar
- 2 tbsp. jojoba oil (Or you can use your favorite carrier type oil, such as coconut oil, olive oil or sweet almond oil.)
- 2 drops lime essential oil
- 3 drops tangerine essential oil
How To Make Lip Scrub Instructions:
- Measure out your sugar into a mixing bowl first, and use a spoon to break up any lumps it may have in it. Sometimes they hide well, so just be sure to get it all smooth before adding in the rest of the ingredients, or you can end up hurting your lips with one if it’s hard.
- Next, add in your jojoba oil, and mix with a whisk, making sure it is all coated and smooth. Then, just carefully drop in your essential oils, making sure not to over-do the drops, as both of these oils are runny ones, being a citrus.
- Mix together and once well blended, go ahead and spoon into your container, filling just under the top, and just smooth out evenly so none runs over when you screw on the lid.
- To use: Just dip a fingertip in the scrub, about a dime sized amount, and rub on the lips gently. Then rub lips together to exfoliate, until the sugar breaks down well.
Here are photos that show How To Make Lip Scrub:
Don’t forget to Pin it for Pinterest later!