Homemade Soap Recipe (Only 4 Ingredients)!!
If you are a beginner and have always wanted to make a homemade soap recipe, I highly recommend you start with this recipe! It’s easy and it has only 4 ingredients! Besides, you guys loved our Homemade Fizzy Bath Bomb recipe we posted last week so I know you will love this one too!
There are so many different variations you can make with this recipe just by switching out a few ingredients with your favorite scents or colors! The possibilities are endless!
I should also mention this is one of those recipes that is perfect for a homemade gift. I promise you they will actually use it! It smells heavenly and goes on smooth. I LOVE homemade soaps!
Homemade Soap Recipe Ingredients
- 2/3 cup pour and melt soap base (this is my favorite soap base seen here)
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet almond oil
- 2-3 Drops Therapeutic grade essential oil (your favorite scent)
- (2) .15cc scoops Cosmetic grade Mica Powder
You will also need a heart shape mold like this one.
Homemade Soap Recipe Directions
- Melt about 8 ice cube sized blocks of soap base in a glass measuring cup in the microwave (more or less until you have 2/3 cup)
- Once melted, mix in your sweet almond oil and essential oils
- Then mix in your mica powder with a wooden spoon or stir stick until it is completely dissolved.
- Pour the solution into your heart molds and lightly mist with rubbing alcohol to help prevent air bubbles from forming of the surface (this is optional)
- Freeze for 15 minutes and carefully remove each heart from the molds (they should pop right out)
Tip: Mica Powders will stain so make sure you lay newspaper down before using them.
Here are a few different varieties you should attempt:
- Lavender and citrus (this is probably my most requested scent)
- Lavender Rosemary Orange Peel
- Lavender Mint
- Ginger Grapefruit
- Grapefruit Mint
- Rosemary Mint
- Citrus Patchouli
- Lemon Lime
- Lemon Citrus
- Yuzu (Japanese citrus fruit)
- Eucalyptus Mint
- Pomegranate Peach
- Bergomot Grapefruit
- Spearmint Eucalyptus
I better stop there. Seriously, I think I could go on and on with scent combinations. Those listed above are quite popular. I’m certain you will enjoy them just as much as I do. I suggest starting with a scent you are familiar with. Then when you want to experiment, invest in an essential oils kit that has a good selection of oils like this Essential Oils Kit on Amazon. It has most of the scent combos I listed above and it will last you a very long time!
The one essential oil that I have to purchase on it’s own because it’s not in a kit is Yuzu essential oil. I love the citrus scent though so it’s worth it for me to grab it!
The other ingredient I use in this homemade soap recipe is Mica powder. Be sure to get the cosmetic grade Mica Powders just like this set I also purchased from Amazon. The colors are amazingly vibrant and come out oh so beautiful in my soaps!
Feel free to pin this project on Pinterest for later: