Minestrone Soup Recipe
Check out our new and amazing Minestrone Soup Recipe! If you have been liking the soups that we have been posting, then you can be sure to add this one onto your list! This soup takes a bit longer than the others to prepare, but after tasting it for the first time, you won’t be disappointed! The recipe below will show you step by step as to how to bring this delicious soup to your dinner table! If you liked this recipe, try some of our other great soups! Like our Creamy Tomato Soup, and our Stuffed Pepper Soup recipe as well!
Still not enough soups for you? Then try out this neat cookbook! It has so many soup recipes that you can try a different one for each day of the year!
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large diced onion
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 stalks diced celery
- 1 large diced carrot
- 1/3 pound green beans trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 28 - ounce can diced tomatoes no-salt-added
- 1 14 - ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15 - ounce can low-sodium drained and rinsed kidney beans
- 1 cup elbow pasta
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- Take the Olive Oil and heat in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add in your onion and cook until it is translucent, around 4 minutes.
- Add your garlic and cook for 30 more seconds. Add your carrot and celery and cook until these are softened.
- Stir in your oregano, green beans, basil, salt, and pepper, and cook this for 3 more minutes.
- Add your tomatoes and chicken broth, and bring the pot to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer it for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in kidney beans and pasta. Cook until tender, around 10 minutes.
- Season with salt. Ladle into bowls and top with parmesan and basil. Serve.