Coconut Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe with frosting
If you like coconut and cream cheese, you will absolutely love this Coconut Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe! There are many cakes we like, but this one we love! It’s pretty fail proof too. This is not a fluffy cake texture. This one is a pound cake. The cream cheese frosting adds the extra sweetness to make it taste just right. Anytime I make this cake, I always get asked for the recipe.
I usually bake this in a 9 x 13 baking sheet because I can cover it with a lid and take it anywhere. My Wilton Cake pan is amazing that way! I highly recommend it. It’s one of the few pans that never sticks and always makes my cakes come out perfect!
- 1 cup butter softened (2 sticks)
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- FROSTING - you can double this recipe if you like lots of frosting
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut- I purchased the toasted kind and sprinkled it on top.
- Note: you will need to add a few tablespoons milk to make the frosting creamy. Add one tablespoon at a time until you get the consistency you want.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together the butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- Next mix in the eggs and vanilla. (I add one egg at a time while it's mixing)
- Add the flour and continue mixing until it's all mixed.
- Spray the 9x13 cooking pan with non stick cooking spray and spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Bake it for approximately 40 minutes until it's fully cooked in the center.
- Frosting Instructions:
- Mix together butter, cheese, vanilla and then add the powdered sugar. Add a little bit of coconut milk as the last step to get the perfect consistency you want. I added about 3 tablespoons.
- Once the cake has cooled, apply the frosting and top with toasted coconut flakes.