no campfire needed!
It doesn’t matter if it’s hot or cold outside, my family always loves s’mores as a treat. Since it’s been over 100 degrees in Texas lately, it’s not really campfire weather. With this Gooey S’Mores Bars Recipe I came across, there’s no need for a campfire! It’s a pretty easy recipe, only has 5 ingredients and the kids can join in.
- 1 pouch of sugar cookie mix
- 1 cup of graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup of butter or margarine melted
- 3 cups of milk chocolate chips
- 4 1/2 cups of miniature marshmallows
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together cookie mix and graham cracker crumbs. Then stir in melted butter to form a soft dough.
- Press the dough into an ungreased 13x9 inch pan
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until crust is set.
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over the crust and let them stand for about 3 to 5 minutes or until the chocolate starts to melt. Spread the chocolate out evenly.
- Set your oven to broil and sprinkle the marshmallows over the chocolate.
- Place your pan close to the top and heat for 20 or 30 seconds until the marshmallows are toasted.
- Cool for 10 minutes, cut into bars and serve warm.
I let my little ones help sprinkle the chocolate chips and the marshmallows. They love to help any way they can in the kitchen. These Gooey S’Mores Bars were a hit! The crust is almost cake-like so we ate it with a fork, but feel free to be hands on with this dessert.
Do you love S’Mores and want more ways to enjoy them year round?
You can get a bag of S’Mores flavored coffee for only $13.99!!
Or how about this deliciously scented S’Mores candle!
I also found S’Mores Trail Mix that you can buy in bulk. I think that could be another recipe we may have to try!