Best Ever Guacamole Recipe
It’s getting to be that time of year for get togethers, picnics and everybody bringing a dish! Dips are a favorite for a lot of people because they are crowd pleasers and usually easy to make. One dip that we see a lot of here in Texas is guacamole! There are several variations of this delectable dip, but here is our Best Ever Guacamole Recipe! You can put it together pretty quickly and it comes out perfect every time.
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup of chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped cilantro
- 1 Serrano pepper seeds removed and finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- the juice form 1/2 of a lime
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon of minced garlic
- Remove the pit and scoop out the avocado and place in a medium sized bowl.
- Mash up the avocados. Depending on how you like it, you make it chunky or smooth.
- Add the chopped onion, chopped cilantro, chopped Serrano pepper, salt and minced garlic and mix well.
- Add in the lime juice and mix again.
- Cover your bowl, we just use saran wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Guacamole is best served chilled and this gives it time for all the flavors to blend.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Sometimes we like to use a red Jalapeno pepper instead of a Serrano pepper. You can try it either way and see what you like best.
Be sure to also check out our yummy Crockpot Mexican Dip Recipe that we recently wrote about….also another amazing dip!
Looking for more dip recipes? I found this Fast and Easy Gourmet Dip Recipes cookbook on Amazon for only $0.99!!! (kindle version) It gets great reviews and that’s a great price!