Easy Cranberry Applesauce Recipe
Here’s a super Easy Cranberry Applesauce Recipe that’s worth trying! I think the fresh cranberries make this recipe amazing! I’m sure the sugar helps too. If you like applesauce then I have a good feeling you will love this recipe too. Heck, I’m not a big fan of cranberries by themselves either so I am surprised at how much I really like this recipe. When it’s cranberry season we stock up! We freeze cranberries so we can make lots of this exact Easy Cranberry Applesauce Recipe!
- 4 Red Delicious Apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 12 oz Fresh Cranberries (about 2 cups or more)
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Water
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Cloves
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- In a large sauce pan add Water, lemon juice and sugars.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
- Add cranberries and apple slices.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Tip: If you like a chunky applesauce then serve it as is when it’s done. However, if you like a smoother applesauce then you can use a potato masher and mash it when it’s done. Be careful because the ingredients will be extremely hot.
We serve this two different ways. It can be served hot along side pork or turkey or it can be served cold with a scoop of yummy vanilla ice cream. I also serve this at our Thanksgiving dinner table in a pretty white bowl! The colors are amazing so the white shows it off too!
It will keep in the refrigerator for at least 2 weeks although ours is usually gone in just a few days. You can also freeze leftovers for up to a year.
Here are a few photos to show you the process: