Easy Crockpot Chicken, Sausage and Shrimp Gumbo
I just perfected an Easy Crockpot Chicken, Sausage and Shrimp Gumbo!! I didn’t even have to mess up the stove top by making a roux either. I often times use this recipe when I have left over meats I need to turn a meal into. Most of the time it’s not enough leftovers to create a whole other meal and that’s why this recipe is perfect. We always make lots of chicken so that’s the most popular leftover in our home.
TIP: When making this recipe I have learned it’s best to use the crockpot liners for easy clean up. I wished I had done this from the beginning. What a world of difference!
I also use this exact Crock-Pot Programmable Cook and Carry Oval Slow Cooker because it holds an amazing amount of food. Perfect for larger families. It’s a 6 quart crockpot. Love it!
- 2 14.5 ounce cans stewed tomatoes,
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken
- thighs cut up
- 1 large sausage link
- 1 14.5 ounce can reduced- sodium
- chicken broth
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 frozen medium shrimp thawed, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups hot cooked white or brown rice
- Optional: Add cooked bacon diced
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken (cooked or raw), Sausage, broth, green pepper, onion, celery, Cajun seasoning, garlic, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to prepared slow cooker. Stir gently to combine all the ingredients.
- Cook this portion on low for about 2 hours if your chicken is already cooked or 5 to 6 hours if you adding raw chicken.
- Add shrimp and cook about another 10 minutes until the shrimp is warm.
- You can serve this over cooked white rice or combine the rice in the crockpot just before serving.
Feel free to Pin It here for later: