Are you a vegetarian? Or do you just want something nice and healthy to eat? Well, you’ve come to the right place! Below are some ingredients and instructions on how to make Vegetarian Lasagna! Yep! You heard right! Vegetarian. Lasagna. I hope you enjoy this meal, I know I sure did! Check out some of our other main dishes we have! Like our Homemade Kale Chips, and plenty more!
Now, if you’re looking for more pastas in particular, then you can look no further! Here’s a neat cookbook filled with plenty of amazing pasta recipes!
- WHITE SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 3/4 cups low-fat 1 per cent milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon
- ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper cored, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 pound of zucchini coarsely chopped
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 28 ounce can of tomatoes drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup cured black olives pitted and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 cup of packed fresh basil leaves finely chopped
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces of part-skim mozzarella cheese shredded
- 8 ounces of provolone cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt the butter in a medium-size saucepan and put the stove on medium to low heat. Whisk in the flour until it's well blended. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Gradually whisk in the milk. Whisk in the salt. Heat to boiling over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low; simmer, whisking often, for about 30 minutes or until the sauce is thick. Stir in the nutmeg; cover the surface directly with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the lasagna too.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat then Add the onion, garlic and carrot; saute for 3 minutes. Remove the vegetables to a medium size bowl then Carefully wipe out the skillet.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Add the sweet red pepper; saute for 3 minutes. Remove the red pepper to the bowl with the onion mixture. Wipe out the skillet again.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in the skillet. Add the zucchini; saute for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms; saute for 3 minutes. Add all the vegetables in the bowl back into the skillet. Add the tomatoes, olives, salt and pepper. Bring to boiling. Cover the skillet; lower the heat and simmer the mixture for 15 minutes to blend the flavors. Stir in the basil.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees and Lightly grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Cook the noodles in a pot of boiling water then follow the package directions. Drain the noodles, Combine the mozzarella, provolone and put 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese in the medium size bowl.
- Now to assemble it.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the vegetables over bottom of the prepared baking dish and Lay 3 noodles lengthwise over the vegetables in the dish. Spread half of the remaining vegetables over the noodles. Spread one-third of white sauce over the vegetables. Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella cheese mixture. Top with 3 more noodles. Spread remaining vegetables over the top. Spread half of the remaining white sauce over the vegetables. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella cheese mixture. Top with the 3 remaining noodles. Spread the remaining white sauce over the top. Sprinkle with remaining grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let the lasagna stand for at least 10 minutes before cutting into portions and serving. You can Make 9 servings.
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy.
Tried this recipe? Mention @ISaveA2Z or tag #KetoFriendlyRecipes!