Easy Lasagne Roll Ups Recipe
I love lasagna but I love and Easy Lasagne Roll Ups Recipe best! This recipe won’t take hours in the kitchen like most good lasagne recipes. I love the roll ups too because the are easy to serve and look fantastic! I had the idea to make pasta for dinner when I walked into my local Randall’s and saw a full row of Barilla® Lasagne noodles and Barilla® Sauce on sale. There is a special promotion happening right now. You can get a $1 off the purchase of ONE (1) box of Barilla® Lasagne and ONE (1) Barilla® Sauce.
Typically we make our lasagne with 2 different kinds of meat and 3 cheeses. I love adding breakfast sausage and ground hamburger meat for a hearty meal. Our typical cheeses are cottage cheese, ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese. Sometimes we add in colby jack cheese too!
I attempted to make a vegetarian lasagne with fresh kale my friend gave me from her garden. Fresh garden kale is the best! It makes such a big difference in recipes to use fresh ingredients most of the time. You can use any special ingredient that you love most in this recipe. The base of this recipe will still be made the same. What you put in it will depend on the taste. I tend to change it up with different ingredients every time I make it. Our favorite is still the meat lovers lasagne though.
This recipe is easy. It doesn’t have a homemade pasta sauce or homemade noodles. I used Barilla lasagna noodles and Barilla Pasta sauce and I swear you can’t tell the difference! I’m pretty picky too! I have been a big fan of Barilla products for years so I’m not surprised at the quality and taste.
Here’s how we made these delicious and Easy Lasagne Roll Ups:
Easy Lasagne Roll Ups Recipe #JoytotheTable #pmedia #ad
- Cook the noodles first.
- Lay them out on wax paper to cool.
- While your noodles are cooling, start sauteing your chopped kale with garlic in olive oil.
- Let the sauteed kale cool down
- In a separate bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, eggs, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Spread this mixture onto each lasagne noodle
- Roll up
- Place the rolled up lasagna in a deep casserole dish with the opening of the roll at the bottom (this will prevent it from unrolling)
- Top with the sauce and mozzarella cheese
- Top the casserole dish with foil and bake it for about 40 minutes (or until the cheese in the middle is melted)
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy.
Look at this kid! I turn around to take a photo of my noodles and this is what I see. (and yes, I’m totally keeping it real and posting this photo of all my dirty dishes in the background! lol… )
Here’s a tip: Be sure to add a little bit of oil to the water when you are boiling the Barilla® Lasagne noodles. It will prevent them from sticking together. This tip works for any pasta noodles.
Head over here to “like” Barilla on Facebook.