Easy Hash Brown Casserole Recipe
If you happen to be looking for an amazingly easy dish you have got to try this Easy Hash Brown Casserole Recipe!!
Not only is it absolutely delicious but it’s super easy to make too. Sausage works amazing with this recipe but I also like to experiment a bit and use other left over meats in it as well.
It’s important to use a casserole dish for this recipe. I have two different types. I have a small one and a big one. Sometimes I will make a small casserole and other times I will make a huge family sized dish. My favorite is the casserole dish is the Le Creuset Stoneware Classic Rectangular dish. It comes in all kinds of fun colors but I really like how my casseroles turn out when I use them.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 pound of cooked sausage (any flavor will do)
- 2¼ cups milk
- 8 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- 2 tablespoons of dijon or regular mustard
- 4 cups cubed french bread
- 2 cups grated cheddar
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray the casserole dish with cooking oil.
- Melt the butter in a small saute pan and add the onion already diced until the onions are cooked and soft.
- Add the hash browns just enough for them to be soft.
- In a separate frying pan start to cook the sausage.
- In a large bowl combine the milk, eggs, salt, pepper and mustard. Mix well.
- Combine the ingredients by laying out the onions and hash browns in the casserole dish first.
- Next add the bread crumbs, then the left over meat or sausage.
- Lastly, pour the milk mixture over the top and add the cheese.
- Bake it for about 45 minutes.