Disclosure: I was given a product to review. My new love for my Ninja Slow Cooker is 100% my own!
Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe made in my Ninja Slow Cooker
I just tried my brand new Ninja Slow Cooker and I am blown away because I thought it was only a slow cooker before I tried it myself. Look at this beautiful Honey Garlic Chicken recipe I just made. My family loved it! It was so easy to make too. The chicken was the most tender chicken I have ever tried.
There aren’t many recipes out yet for the new Ninja Slow Cooker so I had to try to adapt recipes to make it work. Luckily I can tell you what works and what doesn’t before you try it. I found a recipe for Honey-Garlic Chicken wings on the Food Network website so this is where I started. I’m not a big fan of chicken wings to I used chicken breasts instead. I also added some jam because I love the sweet and spicy taste mixed together. I’m not a big fan of real spicy foods so this is a perfect combo to bring out the best taste possible. It’s completely kid friendly too. If you like the heat, just add more red pepper flakes. I learned about the sweet and spicy combo when I read this Lil Smokies recipe over at MoneySavingAmanda.com. It works well in this chicken recipe too!
This Ninja 3 in 1 slow cooker can do so many more recipes than I even imagined. You can make cakes, one pot dishes or even sear steaks with it! It has a many different options on it. You can use it just like an oven. It has a built in stove top option that has a low, medium and high setting. It’s a slow cooker as you can tell by this recipe but it’s better than a regular slow cooker because it will switch off and over to a keep warm auto setting. But the best part is, it’s super easy to clean because it has a professional non-stick pot! Basically you just rinse it with soap and water. I love that part! Stay tuned for many more recipes too! I saw a recipe where you can make cupcakes with half the fat in them and use the Ninja slow cooker to steam them. I haven’t tried it yet but it’s soon to come! Next recipe will be meatloaf though first. I already have my hamburger thawing.
Check out all the specs of the new Ninja Slow Cooker 3 in 1 cooking system here on Amazon.
- 5 large chicken breasts skinless
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 large onions diced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup blackberry or grape jam don't use the sugar free kind
- 1/4 cup honey
- Spray the bottom of your Ninja Slow Cooker with vegetable oil to prevent sticking.
- Place all 5 chicken breast side by side at the bottom of the slow cooker. You won't need the racks or pans for this recipe.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour over the raw chicken and set the slow cooker to cook on high for about 4 hours or on low for 7 hours.
- Top with Sesame seeds and scallions (optional)
If you are looking for more Ninja Cooking Recipes, you may want to check out this cookbook: Ninja Cooking Easier, Healthier & better, Ninja Cooking System 75+ recipes