Check out this neat recipe for an amazing and delicious Jalapeno Cornbread! The recipe below will take you step by step into making some of the absolute best Jalapeno Cornbread that you can use as a great side for your afternoon meal! If you like this recipe, be sure to check out some other great breads! Like our Banana Nut Bread!
If you liked this recipe, then you might also like this cookbook featuring some 5 minute Artisan bread!
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup finely chopped drained pickled jalapeños or fresh jalapeños (depending on how spicy you want your cornbread to be)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey jack or cheddar cheese
- Place the canola oil in a 9 to 10 inch cast iron skillet and then place that skillet into the over. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F with the skillet inside.
- Take out a large bowl and whisk the cornmeal, flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- In a different bowl, take the yogurt, milk, and egg, and whisk them together. Pour this into the bowl of dry ingredients, and stir to combine them. Now you can stir in the melted butter, chopped jalapenos, corn, and cheese.
- Once the oven has been heated, and the skillet is hot, remove the skillet carefully from the oven. Pour the cornbread batter into the skillet and be sure to smooth out the surface with a wooden spoon or a spatula.
- Put the skillet back in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until lightly browned and a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the center.
- Let this cornbread rest in the skillet for 20 - 25 minute before cutting and serving.
- Optional: Drizzle with honey for some extra taste!