Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing Recipe
I finally perfected my Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing Recipe! I say this because there’s a special technique you must do in order to stop the stuffing from drying out. I don’t like dry stuffing. I like light, fluffy and moist stuffing. This recipe is easy but there’s an order to the ingredients to make it come out just right. This recipe has amazing flavor added to it also. Finally, finally, FINALLY!
UPDATE: We have converted this recipe for an Instant Pot too! Grab the Instant Pot Chicken and Stuffing recipe here. This will allow you to make this dinner in 18 minutes from FROZEN to DONE!
You might also be interested in this Keto Chicken Parmesan Recipe that we made in the crockpot! It’s absolutely delicious and super easy to make! Don’t let the “Keto” part fool you. You would not know this recipe is low carb! Even my non keto friends love it!
Oh and it past the “kid approved” test too! Melanie loves it! She is a foodie to the max and is rarely picky but she is not afraid to tell me if something does not taste good. I love her honestly. (She’s only 9)
Now I need to tell you about the crockpot that I use. You can see it in the photo below but I really need to tell you about it. This is the Hamilton Beach Stay or Go 6-Quart Portable Crockpot that I purchased on Amazon almost 2 years ago. I use it often! I really like it because it’s a 6 quart that can cook lots of really big meals. I also like it because it has a lid that seals tight. This makes is awesome for taking meals on the go. I know they won’t spill. If, or when this crockpot goes out I already plan to buy another one just like it. It’s one of the best crockpots I’ve owned. I love it.
Since it’s almost Thanksgiving I would love to share our Turkey Brine Recipe. Once I learned how to Brine a Turkey I have never made it any other way. It’s the best technique I’ve tried on my turkey. I have a friend that has all sorts of allergies to food. She has to eat her turkey with no stuffing or no gravy. She swears she was a bit depressed about it almost. I made her my favorite brine turkey recipe and she says the turkey doesn’t need gravy or stuffing with it. It’s loaded with flavor and she is happy to eat it all by itself! I was most happy just to make her a bit happy!
Here’s a printable version of the Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing Recipe:
Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts defrosted
- 1 large can or Cream of Chicken Soup or two small cans
- 2 boxes of Stuffing mix
- 1 cup Sour Cream we used light
- 1 small package of frozen green beans
- Non stick cooking spray
- Spray the crockpot with non stick cooking spray
- Place the defrosted chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot as your first bottom layer.
- Next tear open two boxes of stuffing mix (we used the Stove Top Chicken flavor), pour the dry mix over the raw chicken.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the soup and sour cream. Top this mixture over the dry stuffing mix.
- The last layer will be the frozen green beans.
- Now add about 1 cup of water to the top of this mix.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or cook on low for about 7 to 8 hours.
- Tip: About 1/2 way between the cooking time use a fork to fluff the stuffing mix. This will allow the water to drop through the soup mix and create a steam to cook the stuffing. Add less water if you prefer a dry stuffing or add more water if you like it really moist.
Here’s an idea for leftovers! You can warm it up in a waffle iron! It comes out with a light crisp on the outside! YUMMY!
This is how you make Chicken and Stuffing in the crockpot! You layer the ingredients just like this.
This photo has gone viral on Pinterest and lots of people have shared just how much they love this chicken recipe! It’s super easy but most of the comments talk about how tasty it really is!
This recipe was absolutely delicious and approved by the whole family! If you like this recipe, you should also check out our top 50 “really good” crockpot recipes post here. These types of recipes are really good for busy lifestyles!
Here’s a quick Crockpot Chicken and Stuffing Video to show you how we layered the ingredients.