One Pan Broccoli Rice and Chicken
I am finding that one pan meals are my hero right now. Since school started I feel I haven’t had a minute to breath let alone make dinner. Most of the time I want to stop off at our favorite ChickFilA fast food restaurant just to grab a chicken sandwich just so I can mark everything else off my to do list. These are the days when I love one pan meals like this one. As long as you add all the ingredients to your grocery list for the week, it won’t take long at all to get a good meal on the table even when you are feeling overwhelmed. For extra support I get the kids or the hubby to help with dinner too. This is one of our favorite recipes to make! I highly suggest you give it a try.
The only other tip I have for you is to make sure you use a big enough pan to handle this meal. I like to use a deep dish frying pan like this one or a large sauce pan.
- 5 Tbsp. Butter
- 8 oz. White Mushrooms Sliced
- 1 lb. Chicken Breast cut into ½ inch cubes
- 4 Tbsp. Flour
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 teas. Oregano
- 1 teas. Thyme
- 1 teas. Sage
- 1 teas. Salt
- 1 teas. Black Pepper
- 3 Cups Frozen Broccoli Florets
- 2 Cups Instant Rice
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock or Broth
- 1 Cup Colby Jack Cheese shredded
- In a large nonstick pan over medium heat melt ½ Tbsp. of Butter and Brown 4 oz. of Mushrooms, 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Repeat with an additional ½ Tbsp. of Butter and remaining Mushrooms, setting aside with first batch.
- Add the Chicken to the pan and cook stirring occasionally just until there is no pink visible on the outside of the Chicken cubes.
- Remove from the pan and set aside with the Mushrooms.
- Lower the heat to low and melt 4 Tbsp. of butter.
- Sprinkle with the 4 Tbsp. of Flour stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Slowly Whisk in the Milk. Increase heat to medium and bring to a simmer, continue whisking and add the Oregano, Thyme, Sage, Salt and Pepper.
- Cook until thickened.
- Add the Broccoli, Mushrooms and Chicken stirring to coat and return to a simmer.
- Add the Rice and Chicken Stock, stir to combine, return to simmer, cover and cook until rice is tender, -12 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle the top with Colby Jack and cover until the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.