Easy Peppermint Cookies Recipe
I have a fun and Easy Peppermint Cookies Recipe for you to try! We used crushed peppermint candy canes so the taste is amazing with a tiny crunch to it!
These cookies are perfect to give as homemade gifts wrapped in a cute little container or you could even impress your friends & family and bring them to your holiday gathering. If you decide to bring the to a party just display them on a fun serving tray (my favorite is the 4-tier tower from Wilton here on Amazon) because they make a gorgeous display. Everyone who loves peppermint will love them!
Also, we have a pro tip for you! Anytime you make cookies it would be best to use a silicone mat because it won’t burn the cookies at all. They come out near perfect every single time! There’s no way I can bake cookies today without my silicone mats. I bought some from Amazon nearly two years ago and cannot live with out them! Seriously! Best purchase ever.
Be sure to grab the seasonal Hershey’s Kisses and Candy Canes because once those sell out they don’t come back for a whole other year too. You could use the white Hershey’s Kisses or the chocolate but they don’t look as pretty as the striped Holiday Hershey’s Kisses!
Here’s a printable recipe:
- 1 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 1 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 3 cup Flour
- 3 Candy Canes
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup chopped Candy Cane Hershey Kisses
- Sugar to roll cookies in
- 36 unwrapped Candy Cane Hershey Kisses
- Place candy canes in food processor and pulse until they are completely crushed.
- Make sure you have room in your refrigerator or freezer for your cookie sheet.
- Combine powdered sugar, butter, extracts and egg in large bowl.
- Beat until fluffy at medium speed.
- Combine flour, crushed candy canes, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture and beat until well blended (mixture will be kind of dry).
- Stir in chopped kisses.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls; roll in granulated sugar.
- Place 1-inch apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in 350 oven until firm up and set.
- Remove from oven and immediately press a Candy Cane Kiss in the center of each cookie.
- Place cookie sheet into the freezer or refrigerator to keep kisses from melting.
Another Pro Tip for ya! Another life saver for this recipe and many others is my Cuisinart food processor. I’ve owned this baby for more than 10 years and it’s still going strong. I don’t know how I would manage without it. I chop or shred beef, veggies, peanuts and much more in it too! It’s crazy to think how helpful this kitchen gadget is to me.
Feel free to Pin it here: