Blueberry Muffin Recipe from scratch
Here’s a Blueberry Muffin recipe from scratch that I love to make often! I used double blueberries to make it extra yummy too! Fresh blueberries are a must and easy to find!
Below is the printable Blueberry Muffin Recipe for you:
Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- 8 tablespoons 1 stick unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup whole 2 percent fat, or 1 percent fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin or line the cups with paper liners. In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or using a hand mixer), cream the butter until smooth. Add 1 cup of the sugar and mix. Add the eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and salt and mix. In a shallow bowl, mash 3/4 cup of the blueberries with the back of a fork. Add to the batter and mix.
- With the mixer running at low speed, add 1/2 of the flour, then 1/2 of the milk, and mix. Repeat with remaining flour and milk. Fold in the remaining 1 3/4 cups whole blueberries by hand until well mixed. In a separate small bowl, mix the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar with the cinnamon. Use an ice-cream scoop or large spoon to fill the muffin cups 3/4 full. Sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar over the muffins and bake until golden brown and risen, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool in the pan at least 30 minutes before turning out.