Blueberry Muffin Recipe from scratch
Here’s a Blueberry Muffin recipe from scratch that I love to make often! I used double blueberries to make it extra yummy too! Fresh blueberries are a must and easy to find!
Below is the printable Blueberry Muffin Recipe for you:
Blueberry Muffin Recipe
- 8 tablespoons 1 stick unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup whole 2 percent fat, or 1 percent fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin or line the cups with paper liners. In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or using a hand mixer), cream the butter until smooth. Add 1 cup of the sugar and mix. Add the eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and salt and mix. In a shallow bowl, mash 3/4 cup of the blueberries with the back of a fork. Add to the batter and mix.
- With the mixer running at low speed, add 1/2 of the flour, then 1/2 of the milk, and mix. Repeat with remaining flour and milk. Fold in the remaining 1 3/4 cups whole blueberries by hand until well mixed. In a separate small bowl, mix the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar with the cinnamon. Use an ice-cream scoop or large spoon to fill the muffin cups 3/4 full. Sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar over the muffins and bake until golden brown and risen, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool in the pan at least 30 minutes before turning out.
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy.