I bet you didn’t realize you could make a cake that you didn’t even have to bake!!! This Ice Cream Sandwich Cake recipe is real simple. This will be one of the easiest cakes you ever make! Or should I say “put together!” 😉 Even your kids could do it! Actually, they will insist they do it for you!
You know what’s crazy? This cake has been repinned on Pinterest over a million times!! It’s a crazy popular cake!
We also made a Red, White and Blue Ice Cream Cake with this recipe too.
Now if you are looking for a cake that is healthy and just as easy, you may want to try our No Bake Watermelon Cake. It’s healthy and Paleo approved too!. Perfect for those of use trying to watch our waistline.
UPDATE!!! We just made our very first No Bake Chocolate Mint Cake!!! If you like those Girl Scout thin mint cookies, you’ve gotta try this recipe!!!
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Recipe Ingredients
– 1 box of twelve Ice Cream Sandwiches (or two boxes for a large cake)
– 1 tub of Whipping Cream
– Oreo Cookies (crumbled into pieces)
– Candy bars (diced into pieces) Snickers, Hershey’s, Twix, Reeses, M&M’s, Nestle Crunch, etc… (My favorite is the Skor chocolate candy bar because the inside hardened caramel center gives a nice crunch)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Yield:6 to 8 Servings
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Recipe Instructions
I start off by unwrapping all the ice cream sandwiches and stacking them layer by layer but each layer if faced an opposite direction as the one before. Drizzle Magic Shell between each layer. This provides a glue to hold the layers together. (Tip: I find the higher I make this, the more elegant it looks)
After I’ve completed all of my layers, I spread Whip Cream on the top and sides of the cake.
After it is completely covered in Whip Cream, I drizzle Caramel and Chocolate Magic Shell topping over the top of the cake and purposely let it drizzle down the sides of the cake too.
Finally, you put all the toppings you desire on the top of the cake! The more you add the richer the cake becomes. You can finish the cake at this stage too.
Once finished, place it in the freezer for about 20 minutes to make sure it freezes again before you cut into it.
It has an elegant look to in when you cut into it and it tastes absolutely scrumptious!!!
Easy Ice Cream Cake
The below photo has Oreo Cookies strangled over the top! KIDS LOVE IT!!!
If you are looking for other No Bake Recipes you should check out these other No Bake Recipe eBooks on Amazon. I get lots of inspiration from them!
Here’s a printable version of this Ice Cream Sandwich Cake recipe
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Recipe!
- - 1 box of twelve Ice Cream Sandwiches or two boxes for a large cake
- - 1 tub of Whipping Cream
- - Magic Shell Caramel
- - Magic Shell Chocolate
- Optional: Oreo Cookies crumbled into pieces
- Optional: Candy bars diced into pieces Snickers, Hersheys, Twix, Reeses, Optional: M&M’s, Nestle Crunch, etc… (My favorite is the Skor chocolate candy bar because the inside hardened caramel center gives a nice crunch)
- Optional: Nuts
- Unwrap all the ice cream sandwiches
- Lay the first layer of three down
- Drizzle chocolate, caramel and any other toppings you want. This will harden and act as a glue to hold this cake together.
- Lay the second layer of three ice cream sandwiches
- Drizzle chocolate, caramel and any other toppings again.
- Lay the last layer of three and then frost the outside of the cake with whip cream topping.
- Top the cake with more drizzled chocolate, caramel and any other toppings you want on it.
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy.
Don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest!