Loaded Nachos Recipe
Check out our new and amazing Loaded Nachos Recipe! If you’re looking for a great appetizer, or maybe one fantastic snack for a couple people, then you’ve got to try out these nachos! The recipe below will take you step by step into making each of the components for this great set up all from scratch! If you want the absolute best, you have to take it from the raw materials!
If you liked this recipe, then why not try out our Easy Pasta Salad, or maybe some of our other great side dishes or appetizers? You should also check out this great cookbook for recipes for some ULTIMATE nachos!
Loaded Nachos Recipe
- 2 Bags Corn Chips
- 4 Ripe Vine Tomatoes chopped and seeded
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper finely chopped and seeded (can substitute cilantro or parsley)
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves finely chopped (can substitute parsley)
- BEEF AND BEAN TOPPING:
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound sirloin
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark chili powder
- 1 1/2 ground cumin half a palmful
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 can black beans drained
- CHEESE SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 pound pepper jack cheese shredded
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS:
- Sour Cream
- Chopped Scallions
- Chopped Black Olives
- Diced Pimento
- Sliced Avocado
- Hot pepper suaces
- Arrange corn chips on a large platter, or use broiler pan as a platter
- Combine salsa ingredients in a bowl, set aside for flavors to marry
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet on heat about medium high. Add oil, onion, garlic, and peppers to pan and saute for 2 minutes. Add meat and crumble with a wooden spoon. Season meat with chili powder, salt, cumin, and cayenne pepper sauce. Cook meat for 5 minutes and stir in beans. Reduce heat to low.
- Take a medium sauce pot and melt butter and add flour to it. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes over moderate heat then whisk in milk. When it starts to bubble, stir in cheese with a wooden spoon. Remove sauce from heat.
- Pour cheese evenly over the chips and top with beef and beans and the salsa. Serve immediately ir garnish with your choice of optional toppings.
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy.