Crockpot Breakfast Casserole Recipe for a Large Family
If you’ve been on the hunt for a Crockpot Breakfast Casserole Recipe for a Large Family, this is for you! This recipe will feed between 12 to 15 people easily! We love making this recipe for big family gatherings. It’s absolutely tasty and I promise you that people will ask you for the recipe.
I always put this recipe together in the crockpot the night before. I use a 6 quart crockpot and this recipe fills it all the way up to the top! It will shrink a bit when it cooks but it definitely fits.
Crockpot Breakfast Casserole Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 bag of Frozen Shredded Hash Browns
- 2 pounds ground sausage
- 4 cups shredded cheese
- 1 bag of frozen green peppers, onions and red peppers (fajita mix veggies)
- 1 cup milk
- 18 medium size eggs
- salt and pepper (I put about a teaspoon each)
Crockpot Breakfast Casserole Recipe Instructions:
- Cook the sausage before you put it in the crockpot.
- Spray the crockpot with non stick cooking spray first.
- The first layer in the crockpot will be the bag of frozen shredded hash browns. Don’t defrost these. Add them frozen.
- Then add the cooked ground sausage on top of the frozen hash browns.
- Next add the frozen veggies.
- Top with the shredded cheese.
- Now mix all of these ingredients together with a big spoon.
- In a separate bowl, combine the whipped eggs with 1 cup of milk along with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the ingredients in the crockpot.
- Cover the crockpot and set it to cook on low for at least 8 hours.
You will love the smell of your home in the morning when you wake up. I tend to set the coffee pot to auto brew too. I love, love, love waking up to a ready-to-eat breakfast and hot coffee waiting for me!
I find that I always make this recipe over the holidays when we have family that visit! My family and our guests always enjoy it! They will ask for seconds! Promise!