Easy Calzone Recipe
Want a break from that boring old sandwich? Impress your family by making this Easy Calzone Recipe! The thing that I LOVE about calzones are how versatile they are. You can make anything from a breakfast calzone, to a traditional pizza calzone and I have even seen a spaghetti calzone! For this calzone we just did a simple pastrami and cheddar combination. These cook up in no time and have a savory crispy crust!
Easy Calzone Recipe
- 16 frozen un-risen dinner rolls. I like to use the Rhodes brand. You can also use crescent dough instead of rolls.
- 1 pound of pastrami - or any other meat you choose
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar. you can also use small slices of cheddar cheese.
- 1 whole egg beaten
- Place the frozen dinner rolls on a greased baking sheet, cover with a light towel and allow for rolls to thaw and rise. This takes about 4 to 5 hours depending on the temperature of your kitchen.
- Once rolls rise and are thawed, pre-heat oven to 400.
- If you have a filling that needs to be cooked (meat), then go ahead and prepare it at this time.
- Take rolls and roll them out on a floured surface until they are almost paper thin.
- Place the filling on one half of the roll leaving room around the edge to seal.
- Fold the dough over and press the edges together with a fork to make sure they are completely sealed. You can also roll the edges of the dough together for a decorative look.
- Place the calzones on a greased baking sheet and brush the top with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy.
This Easy Calzone Recipe is something we will regularly be making in our household. I am definitely going to be trying the pizza version and dip it in marinara! Be sure to check out all of our other recipes HERE!
Check out this really cool calzone press that I found on Amazon for only $9.49! I HAVE to have one of these!