How to Make Black Sparkle Slime
It seems as though all the kids want to know How to Make Black Sparkle Slime! Well, not just the sparkly black color but it does seem to be the most popular of all the colors. This craft project will be a fun and memorable time between you and the kids. Some kids with entrepreneur minds may want to start selling slime. Mine did. It’s a pretty big deal! Just head over to Etsy.com and see what I am talking about. There are all kinds of slimes you can purchase already made!
Stay tuned for a fluffy slime recipe too! We have perfected a recipe that is so soft and fluffy. It’s a recipe that no one else has yet! It took tons of experimenting for that one. Oh, the mess we made. It was fun making it and experimenting with all the ingredients but the clean up was no fun at all. I’m here to save you all that trouble with recipes that are successful!
Oh! Wait, before I forget… Making slime at home is super popular right now. So popular, that you might have a hard time finding some of these ingredients at your local stores. If you plan to buy the bigger bulk sizes of glue, get them here:[amazon_link asins=’B0006HUJJO,B0038DZZJC’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’isfr34az34-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’e34fe414-46e8-11e7-bb24-ada56f69b796′]
Black Sparkle Slime Ingredients
- 1/2 cup liquid craft glue
- 3/4 teaspoon borax
- 1 1/2 cups warm water, divided
- Black food coloring
- Extra fine silver glitter
The food coloring can be purchased just about anywhere. I do have a preference in food coloring though. There are some with more vibrant colors than others. These are my favorite brands:[amazon_link asins=’B01DWEZB5E,B0026N2Y3U,B001O8KQP6′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’isfr34az34-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’5f9a955e-46e9-11e7-a3d4-a9ad78ea97fc’]
Black Sparkle Slime Recipe Instructions
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine a 1/2 cup of glue with 1/2 cup of water and mix well
2. Mix in a few drops of your black food coloring and about 3 tablespoons of glitter and mix until evenly combined.
3. Add 3/4 teaspoon of borax into your remaining 1 cup of water and stir for about a minute letting the borax dissolve.
4. Now pour the borax water into your black glue mixture and stir (ingredients should start clumping together but you will have a little leftover water)
6. Remove the slime with your hands and knead the slime in your hands for a couple minutes.
Note: I like to lay out a disposable tablecloth when the kids play with it as it does contain food coloring.
I highly suggest storing the slime in large plastic baggies, or even plastic tubs like these:
[amazon_link asins=’B00COK3FD8,B01FXMDA2O,B01FXMD3KS’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’isfr34az34-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’2a1e1bbd-46e9-11e7-8e45-b10cea4fb8a6′]
Here are a few photos we took while we make our Black Sparkle Slime.
Don’t forget to pin it on Pinterest for later!