Rosemary Lemon Chicken Recipe
I have another mouth watering chicken recipe to share with you! This Rosemary Lemon Chicken Recipe is the perfect portion for a dinner for two. Add some quick potatoes or brown rice and veggies and you’ve got a delicious and well balanced meal. You need to let the chicken marinate a bit before cooking, but after that this dish comes together pretty quickly.
- 4 large pieces of chicken bone in and skin on. Thighs and legs work best.
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of dried rosemary
- 1 whole lemon sliced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- Place the chicken in a small dish and drizzle the olive oil over it. Sprinkle on the rosemary, salt and pepper and lay the lemon slices on top.
- Cover the dish and let the chicken marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Can marinate for up to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350. Set an 8x8 baking dish to the side.
- Preheat a skillet on medium high heat. Then drain chicken of any extra oil and place chicken in skillet , with the skin side down. You can leave the lemon slices on if you wish.
- Sear both sides of the chicken, until they are golden brown (about 4 to 5 minutes on each side). Then place the chicken in the 8x8 baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then test the deepest part of the chicken with a food thermometer. It should read 165. If chicken is not ready, place back in the oven at 3 minute intervals until it is done.
- Let chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
This Rosemary Lemon Chicken Recipe is DELISH! I cooked up some rice and green beans and it was a total hit! We have LOTS of other easy and yummy recipes you can try, check them out HERE!
If you’re looking to change up some of your chicken meals, then I highly recommend the Weight Watchers Ultimate Chicken Cookbook! It has over 250 fabulous chicken recipes and you can get the Kindle version for only $12.74!