Weight Watchers Beef and Bean Chili
Just 5 Points Per Serving!
The cold weather may be leaving us for a while but that doesn’t mean we still can’t enjoy chili! In fact, the small town I live in just had their annual chili cook-off. Although I don’t have it as much as I do through the fall and winter, chili is a meal I like to have all year round. This yummy Weight Watchers Beef and Bean Chili is only 5 points per serving! And since you get 1 heaping cup as a serving, it is worth every point.
Weight Watchers Beef and Bean Chili (5 pts)
- 1 pound of uncooked lean trimmed sirloin beef (chili meat)
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 medium ribs of celery diced
- 2 medium cloves of garlic minced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper with seeds removed and minced
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 2 bay leafs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes can add more if you like it spicy.
- 1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup of canned reduced sodium beef broth
- 1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 30 oz of canned kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup of shallots chopped (optional)
- cooking spray
- Coat a large stockpot with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef and break it up as it cooks. Cook until it is browned. About 5 minutes.
- Remove the chili meat from the pot and set it to the side.
- Add the oil to the pot and again set it on medium-high heat.
- When oil gets hot, add the celery, garlic, onion and minced jalapeno. Saute until ingredients are tender, about 4 minutes.
- Put the chili meat back into the pot and add the chili powder, cumin, bay leaves, salt, red pepper flakes and oregano.
- Stir well to coat the vegetables and chili meat with the spices.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, beef broth, tomato sauce and kidney beans and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, partially covered.
- When you are ready to serve, take out the bay leaves, spoon chili into bowls and top with chopped shallots if you like.
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy.
This Weight Watchers Beef and Bean Chili is a definite crowd pleaser! You can see more of our mouth watering Weight Watcher recipes HERE!
If you are looking for more easy and point friendly recipes, I highly recommend the Weight Watchers One Pot Cookbook! You can get the Kindle version for just $16.19!