Kool Aid Lip Gloss Recipe
Here’s a project that is super fun for the girls! My girls go through lip gloss like crazy so we decided to experiment a bit and create our own! We grabbed a few of our favorite Kool-Aid flavors and got to work!
I don’t consider this project to be too kid friendly though because of the burn risk involved when creating your lip gloss. I will let the kids design and create the labels for their Kool Aid Lip Gloss instead.
1. Pour the Kool-Aid packets into separate bowls.
2. Add about a tablespoon of Petroleum jelly to each bowl.
3. Microwave it for about 15 seconds at a time until the solutions is liquified. WARNING: The contents if extremely hot. DO NOT let this kids do this process. I found it to be easier to melt the petroleum jelly a little bit at a time instead of all at once. You can heat this up over the stove in a sauce pan too if you don’t want to use a microwave.
4. Make sure to mix the ingredients completely so that all the Kool-Aid contents is dissolved. If you find the mixture is solidifying again simply microwave it again until the Kool-Aid dissolves completely. I had to reheat the petroleum a few times to get the Kool Aid mixture to dissolve.
5. Pour the mixture into your lip gloss containers and let it set for a few hours to completely solidify again. You can add cute little labels and give them as gifts too!
Here’s what they look like after they have completely cooled: