Kool Aid Lip Gloss Recipe
Here’s a project that is super fun for the girls! My girls go through lip gloss like crazy so we decided to experiment a bit and create our own! We grabbed a few of our favorite Kool-Aid flavors and got to work!
I don’t consider this project to be too kid friendly though because of the burn risk involved when creating your lip gloss. I will let the kids design and create the labels for their Kool Aid Lip Gloss instead.
1 jar petroleum jelly
1 few packets of your favorite flavor of Kool-aid
2 tablespoons of sugar (if you don’t it will be super tangy)
Lip Gloss Containers
OR… you can grab this fun DIY Lip Balm kit that has everything!
1. Pour the Kool-Aid packets into separate bowls.
2. Add about a tablespoon of Petroleum jelly to each bowl.
3. Microwave it for about 15 seconds at a time until the solutions is liquified. WARNING: The contents if extremely hot. DO NOT let this kids do this process. I found it to be easier to melt the petroleum jelly a little bit at a time instead of all at once. You can heat this up over the stove in a sauce pan too if you don’t want to use a microwave.
4. Make sure to mix the ingredients completely so that all the Kool-Aid contents is dissolved. If you find the mixture is solidifying again simply microwave it again until the Kool-Aid dissolves completely. I had to reheat the petroleum a few times to get the Kool Aid mixture to dissolve.
5. Pour the mixture into your lip gloss containers and let it set for a few hours to completely solidify again. You can add cute little labels and give them as gifts too!
Here’s what they look like after they have completely cooled: