Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Check out our new and fantastic recipe for delicious Chicken Lettuce Wraps! If you’re looking for something that would make for a nice asian style appetizer, then this recipe will be perfect for you! The recipe below brings you step by step into how to make the absolute best Chicken Lettuce Wraps! If you like this recipe then try out our Asian Orange Chicken!
Make it a meal! You may even like some Asian-inspired desserts as well! If so, then you’re in luck! There’s a whole cookbook dedicated to asian desserts!
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled ginger
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek Asian chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin sweet rice wine
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- WRAP CUPS:
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken thighs, diced
- 1/3 cup diced carrot
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup diced sugar snap peas
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup mung bean sprouts halved
- 1/2 cup sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 2 tablespoons diced scallions
- 1 tablespoon crushed peanuts
- 6 wonton wrappers
- Kosher salt
- Iceberg lettuce leaves for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- Start by making the sauce. Combine all sauce ingredients into a bowl and set aside. Be sure to stir again just before using.
- Prepare the wraps now. Heat the 2 tablespoons of canola oil over high heat on a skillet. Add chicken and stir fry until it is cooked, about 3 minutes. Add celery, carrot, peas, bell peppers, and red onions. Stir fry for about 3 more minutes. Now add the garlic, ginger, sprouts, and shiitakes. Take the prepared sauce, and add 1/4 a cup of it and until thickened, about 30 seconds. Scrape any brown bits. Transfer this stir fry to a bowl and top with scallions and peanuts.
- Wipe off the skilled before heating the remaining 4 tablespoons of canola oil over high heat. Fry your wontons until crisp and golden, which is about 15 minutes per side. Place on paper towels and season with salt to your liking.
- Take lettuce and fill the leaves with the stir fry. Take the sesame seeds and sprinkle on top. Crumble your wontons on top or serve on the side. Serve now with remaining sauce.