Cucumber Lemon Detox Water Drink
I am on a roll! I have consumed my daily recommended water intake but only because of amazing recipes just like this Cucumber Lemon Detox water drink recipe here! I cannot drink plain water. Yuck! Nope. I can never drink enough plain water. We all know how important it is to drink the daily recommended amount. It helps aid in digestion. You need to get things moving in there and keep yourself healthy. It’s easier to do when you have a drink recipe that tastes good and has all the benefits along with it!
Here’s what you need to make this Cucumber Lemon Detox Water Drink recipe:
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 2 to 3 small lemons sliced
- 1 gallon of water
- Optional: Add a bit of mint for sweetness
Add all of the fruit to the water and place it in the fridge overnight. I LOVE using my Sterilite 1 gallon pitcher because it’s light and easy to pour from. Serve it cold and feel free to add a bit of mint for sweetness. It also aids in digestion too.
You can reuse the fruit twice too.
Did you know?
The benefits of cucumbers:
- Contain multiple B vitamins (including vitamin B1, vitamin B5, and vitamin B7) – B vitamins are known to help ease feelings of anxiety and buffer some of the damaging effects of stress.
- Cucumbers contain potassium
- Cucumbers are a natural anti-inflammatory food (other top anti-inflammatory foods are: Cloves, Ginger, Rosemary, and Turmeric)
The benefits of lemons:
- Natural Diuretic which helps aid in weight loss
- Cleanses your system
- Freshens your breathe
- Reduces inflammation
- Has Vitamin C which boosts your immune system
- Helps keep your skin blemish free
- Boosts your energy levels
Those are just a few of the benefits of the fruit that we added to this drink recipe. The most important thing is that I feel so much better when I drink my recommended daily water intake and my energy levels are up!
Have you tried our Strawberry Lime Infused Water Detox Drink yet? It’s SO good!