Weight Watchers Banana Bread Recipe
4 points per serving!
Even though my husband and I are on Weight Watchers again, I have to find things to take care of my sweet tooth too! Last week I shared the Weight Watchers Mini Brownie Bites that we made. They were so good and well worth the 2 points. But this week, I wanted to try something else. We have this banana problem in our house. I can buy some one week and they will be gone in two days. I can buy them again, and most of them will be untouched and go bad. So I’m on a mission to use these bananas and stop letting them go to waste. This Weight Watchers Banana Bread Recipe is great for breakfast or a sweet snack AND is only 4 points per serving!
- 5 large very ripe bananas
- 1 cup of whole whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 5 teaspoons of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup of fat free skim milk
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts optional
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 and coat a large loaf pan with the cooking spray.
- Take 2 of the bananas, peel and cut them into small chunks and set it to the side.
- Peel and mash the other 3 bananas, and set those to the side.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together both of the flours, baking soda, salt and baking powder and set to the side.
- In another large bowl, with an electric mixer, combine the sugar and butter until it is light and fluffy. Then add the egg and mix well.
- Alternating ingredients, add the flour mixture, mashed bananas and milk to the butter mixture and mix well. Do not over beat.
- Fold in walnuts and banana chunks.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for one hour, or until a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut into 18 slices. 1 slice = 1 serving
If you are looking for more Weight Watcher friendly recipes like this Weight Watchers Banana Bread Recipe, I highly recommend the Weight Watchers Simple Start Recipes cookbook. It’s a whole two week plan and you can get the Kindle version for just $2.99!