Easy Homemade Sugar Scrub Bars
Check out our easy and most basic recipe and tutorial for our Easy Homemade Sugar Scrub Bars! If you’ve liked our previous craft posts, then you will love this one too.
With a few ingredients, you can bring these Easy Homemade Sugar Scrub Bars right into your very own home. We used a simple square silicone mold for this project, but just about any silicone mold will do just fine. These Easy Homemade Sugar Scrub Bars Are great to be in your bathroom, but they could also make for some fantastic gift ideas! The possibilities are endless when you think of cute ideas to wrap these in.
Here’s how to make your Easy Homemade Sugar Scrub Bars
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Melt and Pour Soap Base, shredded or cubed
- 3-4 drops Essential Oil (your favorite – Lavender is amazing)
- 1 cup Sugar
- Silicone Mold of your choice
- Mica Colorant (Optional)
- In a double boiler, melt your shredded soap. If you do not have a double boiler, microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring in between until melted.
- Mix in your coconut oil until combined and add your essential oil.
- Add in your color mica and mix until you get a uniform color.
- Mix in your sugar and stir until well combined. You are looking for a slushy like consistency.
- Pour into your molds and allow to dry for 1-2 hours before unmolding.
TIP: If your sugar and soap mixture gets to thick, microwave on 10 second bursts until you are able to pour.
And just like that, your Easy Homemade Sugar Scrub Bars are all done!
Pro TIP: If you have extra dry hands or just like super soft hands then you have got to add 1 tablespoon of Vegetable Glycerin to this recipe! Glycerin is known to keep moisture in your hands! I now add this to all my sugar scrub recipes because I love how soft my hands feel! (I’ve had a hard time finding it in the stores, so you may do yourself a favor and grab some on Amazon here)
If you liked this craft idea, try some of our others!