Keto Lasagna Recipe
Keto Lasagna Recipe (made with no noodles)
I started another adventure in my kitchen and this time it was a huge hit! I say that because the last two recipes I attempted to ketofy were a flop. I should start a “failed recipe” section on the blog because you guys would laugh at half the stuff that never makes it to a blog post. Some of the fails I do post in the Low Carb Inspirations Facebook group! It’s embarrassing but fun to see that we are all human and idea’s start somewhere.
This next week I plan on making a sugar free snow cone syrup recipe. I’ve already started that recipe over 3 times without success too. I’m getting close though! I’m picky too. I want my syrup to be nice and thick but not have that crazy sweetener aftertaste that some of the sweeteners leave you with.
Update: I made the sugar free snow cone syrup recipe and it came out amazing FINALLY!!!
If you are new to the Ketogenic diet or maybe just want to know a little bit more about it, you have got to read this article! Simple Ways to Start the Ketogenic Diet
Let me tell you about dinner this evening! Whoa! It was crazy good! I mean GOOOOOOD!!!
I wanted to make a super fast lasagna recipe but I don’t want to make fake noodles. There’s been a ton of talk in our group about the new Folio’s NO CARB tortillas and I finally found them at my local grocery store (HEB for those of you in Texas). I’ve been looking for a few weeks. They have been sold out everywhere! You know they are good when they are sold out everywhere and the warehouse is out too.
UPDATE!!! For those that don’t have FOLIOS in your local store, here’s a way to make them yourself! Check out this tutorial: No Carb Cheese Wrap FOLIOS copycat recipe
The hardest part about this recipe is browning the ground beef (or ground turkey if you prefer). That’s the most time-consuming part. The rest is a piece of cake! Keto cake that is! haha!
One of my favorite KETO Tshirt!!
Keto Lasagna Recipe Ingredients
1 cup Ricotta Cheese (whole milk)
3 tbs parsley
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup Rao’s Marinara Sauce
1.5 lbs Ground Beef or Turkey
4 Folios NO CARB Tortillas
1 1/5 cups shredded cheese
Keto Lasagna Recipe Instructions
1. Brown the ground beef or turkey in a skillet. Season it with salt and pepper.
2. In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of Ricotta Cheese with 3 tbsp of parsley, 1/2 tsp of garlic powder and the eggs. Then mix it until all the ingredients of are fully combined.
3. In a medium size casserole dish, you will start to layer the ingredients, but first, spray the bottom of the dish with a non-stick cooking oil.
Note: I use my 2-quart Le Creuset dutch oven and it fit all ingredients perfectly!
4. The first layer in the bottom of the casserole dish will be your first no carb tortilla. This will create a crush at the bottom of the lasagna so you can easily serve it up when it’s done. If you didn’t have this crust at the bottom, you would probably have a soup type mixture that you would have to scoop out with a spoon.
5. Next, I put about a fourth of the Ricotta cheese mixture on top of the no carb tortilla.
6. Then I topped that with a thick layer of the cooked ground beef.
7. The next layer is about a 1/4 cup of Rao’s marinara sauce.
8. Now, repeat steps 4 – 7 again three more times!
9. You will leave the final step with shredded cheese on top.
10. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.
I layered it like this for a reason. The eggs in the Ricotta cheese will help to build that layer of support for the rest of the ingredients. The Folios Tortilla and egg mixture will create the support that a noodle will create in a normal non-keto lasagna recipe. I’m amazed at how well this worked! I am ecstatic with the results!
I baked this Keto Lasagna recipe for about 40 minutes at 350 degrees. The cheese on top was a light golden brown color! The house smells amazing when you are baking this!
Serve this recipe up with a side salad and you have one heck of a dinner!
The last step is the hardest… you will need to allow this to cool for about 10 to 15 minutes or so. If you serve it too soon, you will notice the ingredients as a big sloppy mess on your plate. Go ahead, ask me how I know. It will still taste amazing but it will not look pleasing at all. So, be sure to account for the cool down time when you plan dinner at a certain time. The cooling down time is important because the ingredients will cool down and bind together. It will still be warm when you serve it too! When the ingredients bind together this Keto Lasagna will actually stand up like a real piece of lasagna just like the recipe that’s made with noodles!
The best part about this recipe is how quickly you can combine the ingredients and get it in the oven. After the ground beef was cooked, it maybe only took me about 5 minutes to create those layers. This would be an excellent freezer meal idea too! Next, I think I will make this recipe in my Instant Pot Pressure Cooker! I love to make meals ahead of time and pop them in a pressure cooker when we are ready to eat them. Having a plan has saved me more money than you know!
Keto On My Friends!! Be sure to grab the printable version of this recipe at the very bottom of this post.
Keto Lasagna Nutrition
Calories 407, Total C 4.1g, Fiber 0.8g, Net C 3.3g, Sugars 2g, Fat 23.9g, Protein 42.9g
Here are a few photos we took of this process:
This is all four layers right before I popped it in the oven.
This is a photo that shows you how this cheese tortilla creates a crust!
I just love how this recipe stacks the lasagna as tall as I want it without falling all over the place!!
Now don’t forget to pin this on Pinterest for later!
Update! We created a Meal plan for Keto Friendly Freezer Meals! Check out our Facebook live showing how we made 6 meals in under 1 hour!
Keto Lasagna Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Ricotta Cheese whole milk
- 3 tbs parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup Rao's Marinara Sauce
- 1.5 lbs Ground Beef or Turkey
- 4 Folios NO CARB Tortillas
- 1 1/5 cups shredded cheese
- Brown the ground beef or turkey in a skillet. Season it with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, 1 cup of Ricotta Cheese with 3 tbsp of parsley and 1/2 <g class="gr_ gr_156 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="156" data-gr-id="156">tsp</g> of garlic powder and mix it until all the ingredients of combined together.
- In a medium size casserole dish, you will start to layer the ingredients, but first, spray the bottom of the dish with a non-stick cooking oil.
- The first layer in the bottom of the casserole dish will be your first no carb tortilla. This will create a crush at the bottom of the lasagna so you can easily serve it up when it's done. If you didn't have this crust at the bottom, you would probably have a soup type mixture that you would have to scoop out with a spoon.
- Next, I put about a fourth of the Ricotta cheese mixture on top of the no carb tortilla.
- Then I topped that with a thick layer of the cooked ground beef.
- The next layer is about a 1/4 cup of Rao's marinara sauce.
- Now, repeat steps 4 - 7 again three more times!
- You will leave the final step with shredded cheese on top.
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy.
You may also love this keto chicken parmesan recipe!
Made this tonight. Made it in a bread tin. I mixed my meat and sauce together, other than that I used mozz cheese to layer. Entire family including my 12 year old son loved it!!!! Def a must try!!
Bake covered or uncovered? Thanks!
Mine is in the oven now. I made my own sauce from crushed tomatoes and seasonings. Hope it turns out. It smells amazing!
What a great recipe but sadly the Folio’s have really limited retailers. So maybe someday they might be available near me, but right now they aren’t.
I have always wondered if I couldn’t use melted, hardened cheese as “noodles” in lasagna, ever since I made my first “no carb” pizza crust. Thanks for doing the experimenting for me! ☺️
I made this last night, I used cream cheese instead of Ricotta cheese and made my own Marinara sauce. Made my own mozzarella low carb tortillas. Didn’t get the same look like store bought but worked out just the same. It was very good, will be making this again.
I made this last night and it is one of the best Keto dinners we have ever had. I did sub the Rao’s sauce for 1 small can tomato paste and a jar of Aldi of Sun-dried tomato pesto sauce. It raises the carb count slightly but the taste and cost are very good. It’s a keeper and one that my whole family will eat and have no idea it’s good for them!
Thanks so much.
Hi Jennifer! This looks amazing and it’s baking in my oven right now! I also live in ATX. Found the Folio’s at HEB w/ $1.00 off coupon. I stocked up! I misread the recipe and didn’t add the shredded cheese between the layers. I just dumped it all on top. I’m sure it will still taste amazing. Will know better next time! bon appetit!
Brenda, that’s exactly what the recipe said to do…I just did the same thing but I think it’s fine because the tortilla is pure cheese so you’re getting cheese in each layer either way. Mine just went into the oven (one with leftover ground beef from another recipe and one with leftover chicken breast cut up super tiny) and I also added chopped up spinach to both. Fingers crossed that it’s going to be delicious!!!
I made this tonight for dinner. It was AMAZING! Thanks so much!
Where did you buy the tortillas,? This looks so good
We melt one cup white cheese melt in microwave add in one egg yolk stir in quickly if it starts to firm up befor compley mixed or pressed out between wax paper you can microwave 15 seconds at a time…don’t go to thin lasagna noodle thick..must put on rack to dry in fridge
You must put in fridge to firm back up.. It needs to be on a rack in fridge it’s got to dry.. Few hours or over night..
You can slice in one inch strips drop in boiling water for one minute great pasta
Looks very tasty! Where can one purchase the FoliosTortillas?