Lose Fat – Maintain Muscle
Lose fat, maintain muscle. There a number of ways to lose fat. But maintaining muscle at the same time is what is difficult. But there are some ways to do this and it is only through the combination of diet and training. Here are 8 ways to help you shed fat and maintain muscles in your body.
- Set your mind: Know what you want and keep it in focus, do not lose yourself to the cheesy pizza or hamburger. Once you are clear in mind, you will be able to withstand any amount of temptation.
- Drink away: No. I don’t mean alcohol. Or sweetened drinks! I mean the plain old water. Water hydrates your body and is used in every process of your body.
- Eat Regularly: When you feel hungry, you tend to stuff yourself with food when you get the chance. This way you eat more than your stomach’s fill. However, if you eat 5-6 small quantity meals a day, you will not feel hungry and be healthy at the same time.
- Cardio Workouts: There are number of cardiovascular workouts that help you build the muscle and burn fat at the same time.
- Intense Weight Training: Lifting weights, dumbbells etc will strengthen the already existing muscles and give you a boost in your body.
- Reduce Energy Expenditure: Count your calories. I know you don’t like it, but counting them will keep you in check from consuming too much of it.
- Light Cardio: Rather than a continuous training with cardio for 30 minutes together, try to break it up and do 15 minutes in the morning followed by 15 minutes in the afternoon or later.
- Resistance Training: Keep in mind that muscles gained is fat lost. Train intensely and for only short timings to keep you fit.
Here’s a really good read you may also enjoy:
Using the above steps, you can kiss your fat goodbye.
Here are some of our other popular posts you may enjoy:
Start with The Skinny Rules (by Bob Harper of The Biggest Loser) – this is a MUST READ!
Join our 30 Day Plank Challenge! DO IT & get strong!!!
Get started with the right exercise for your goal!