Weight Watchers Lasagna With Meat Sauce
Just 8 Points Per Serving!
Do you have one of those recipes that everyone knows you for? For me, that recipe is my lasagna. Funny enough, it’s a recipe that I learned in a Home Economics class when I was in the 6th grade! No joke! It’s a simple recipe but oh so good. It’s also not a point friendly recipe…which is bad for me. Since my family has been requesting lasagna lately, I started the hunt for a point friendly version. So I now share with you the Weight Watchers Lasagna With Meat Sauce Recipe! It’s really yummy, cheesy and only 8 points per serving. I just make a salad with it and call it a night….because garlic bread is not my friend either.
Weight Watchers Cheesy Meat Lasagna (8 pts.)
- 1 pound of 97% lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 cup of onion chopped - I do not really care for bits of onion in my meals, so I just season my ground beef with onion powder.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 1 bottle 26 oz of spaghetti sauce
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 16 oz of low fat cottage cheese drained
- 2 cups of reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- In a large skillet, brown the meat with the onions, garlic and oregano. Drain the meat if necessary.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, spread 1/2 cup of the sauce mixture to cover the bottom evenly.
- Then layer 3 of the noodles, 1 cup of the cottage cheese and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- For the next layer, start with 1 cup of the sauce mixture, 3 noodles, the rest of the cottage cheese and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Top with the last three noodles and the rest of the sauce mixture. Then cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated throughout.
- Uncover and top with the rest of the mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Let lasagna sit for 5 minutes before serving.
This Weight Watchers Lasagna With Meat Sauce, just 8 points per serving) is worth every point! Serve it with a simple salad for a delicious meal. You can find all of our other Weight Watcher Recipes HERE!
If you’re looking for more easy Weight Watcher recipes, then check out the Weight Watchers Slow Cooker Cookbook. The recipes are sorted by point values and you can get the Kindle version for only $2.99!