Weight Watchers Strawberry French Toast
Just 6 Points Per Serving!
If you’re on Weight Watchers, then you know that you should have a few favorite breakfast choices to be your “go to” items in the morning. Not long ago, I shared the Weight Watchers Oatmeal Raisin Muffins Recipe and have added that into my favorites. Well…now I have another choice to add to my list and it’s only 6 points per serving! I love having french toast for breakfast, but for some reason didn’t think it would fit well within my points. I WAS WRONG! Here is the mouth watering recipe for Weight Watchers Strawberry French Toast!
- 2 cups of unsweetened frozen strawberries very coarsely chopped. I prefer to put mine in the blender and make more of a puree with my strawberries.
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 4 large eggs whisked
- 3/4 cup of fat free milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 8 slices of reduced calorie whole wheat or multi-grain bread
- cooking spray
- For the Strawberry Sauce:
- Start by chopping your strawberries up, or put them into the blender to puree them.
- In a small pot, add the strawberries and water and cook over low heat. Stir occasionally, until the berries thaw and form a sauce. About 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sugar until it is dissolved.
- To Make the Toast:
- In a shallow bowl (I like to use a pie plate), add the milk, whisked eggs, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Spray a large non-stick skillet or a griddle with cooking spray and put on medium heat.
- Dip each slice of bread, one slice at a time, in the milk mixture until both sides are evenly soaked.
- Put the soaked bread in the skillet or on the griddle in a single layer and cook until browned. Flip bread once and cook until each side is done. About 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve two slices of french toast and about 1/4 cup of the sauce per serving.
Yummy!! This Weight Watchers Strawberry French Toast was an instant hit…even with the kids!
Want some more point friendly recipes for breakfast? Check out the Weight Watchers Point Plus Breakfast and Smoothie Cookbook! You can get the Kindle version for only $2.99! OR….Prime members can read it for FREE!